Head injuries can range from mild to severe and affect many areas of cognitive functioning, including: memory, attention, speed, focus, creativity, and flexibility. Common types of brain injuries are:
- Hematoma – a collection of blood outside the blood vessels, which can build pressure inside the skull and lead to unconsciousness
- Hemorrhage – uncontrolled bleeding around or in the brain tissue, which can cause severe headaches and vomiting
- Concussion – caused when the brain bounces against the skull
- Edema – swelling of tissues in or around the brain which can cause the brain to press against the skull
- Skull Fracture – while not a brain injury itself, a skull fracture can indicate severed brain injury because the strong bone of the skull was not sufficient to absorb the energy of impact
- Diffuse Axonal Injury – injury to the brain, which directly damages brain cells and can lead to permanent brain damage or death
If your loved one has suffered a brain injury in an accident, you may be able to help them pursue compensation for those injuries to help your family recover and move forward with life. Call Buckley & Associates at (206) 622-1100 today for your free consultation with experienced Seattle brain injury attorneys.
We serve clients throughout the Seattle area and the state of Washington from our offices in Seattle and Tacoma.