Protection from Hit-and-Run Drivers

Proudly Serving Clients in Seattle, Tacoma & nearby areas of Washington

Underinsured Motorist (UIM) Insurance Protects You Against Hit-and-Run Drivers and Drivers With Little or No Insurance. 

Do I need Underinsured Motorist InsuranceYou are seriously injured by a drunk driver with no insurance, or a hit-and-run driver that cannot be found, or an at-fault driver with only the minimum $25,000 liability insurance for the State of Washington.  What do you do? 

If you have purchased “underinsured motorist” (UIM) insurance, notify your insurance company of your UIM claim within 48 hours of the accident.  UIM insurance protects you from hit-and-run drivers and at-fault drivers with little or no insurance.  Your own insurance company “steps into the shoes” of the “underinsured motorist” and has additional insurance available to you and your family to cover for the damages caused to you for injuries, loss of income, disabilities, pain and suffering and other damages from the at-fault “underinsured motorist”.  By law in the State of Washington, the insurance company must offer UIM coverage in the amount you have purchased in your liability insurance.  If you were wise enough to purchase at 250/500 liability insurance coverage, your insurer must offer you at least $250,000 per injured person and a $500,000 policy limit per accident in UIM coverage.  Lawmakers believed it is good public policy to have UIM insurance and require the insurance companies to have you sign a waiver that you do not want the UIM coverage.  Remember UIM insurance protects you and if you have a family, you should purchase a good high limit UIM policy to protect you and your family from the underinsured drivers.  UIM insurance also covers your family members living with you from underinsured drivers. 

At Buckley & Associates, our experienced attorneys help people recover the compensation they need when they are injured in an accident. If you or a loved one has been injured, please call Buckley & Associates today at (206) 622-1100 for your consultation. We represent clients in Seattle and Tacoma, Washington.