Do I have a premises liability claim?

Proudly Serving Clients in Seattle, Tacoma & nearby areas of Washington

If you have been injured because of an unsafe condition in a building or other property, you may be protected under premises liability statutes. There are several types of premises liability claims with specific rules as to who can be held responsible in Washington. To find out if your case qualifies, have it reviewed by the experienced premises liability attorneys at Buckley & Associates.

Types of Premises Liability

The term premises liability refers to the property owner’s duty to keep the area secure. If the landowner fails to uphold that responsibility, they can be held liable for injuries sustained by:

Washington law makes distinctions about the injured party in premises liability cases. Your legal status at the time of the accident will determine whether you have a claim. There are three categories:

  • Invitee: An invitee is a person who is invited onto the property for business purposes. This invitation may be express or implied.
  • Licensee:  This refers to someone who has permission to be on the property from the owner in a social capacity.
  • Trespasser:  A trespasser does not have permission to be on the property. In some special circumstances, a trespasser may still have a claim. For example, the property owner is responsible for keeping children away from certain dangerous situations which may result in wrongful death.

If you have been injured on someone else’s property, please contact Buckley & Associates for your free consultation by calling (206) 622-1100 today. Our experienced Seattle and Tacoma, Washington premises liability attorneys can evaluate your case to determine if you have a claim.