Neglect in nursing homes occurs at an alarming rate in the United States. The very people you have entrusted with your loved one's care may be betraying your trust and failing to provide the care your elderly loved one needs and deserves.
At Buckley & Associates in Seattle and Tacoma, we are committed to seeing justice done for the victims of nursing home abuse and neglect. Call our experienced nursing home neglect attorneys today at (206) 622-1100 if you suspect that your loved one is being neglected by his or her caregivers.
Forms of Nursing Home Neglect
Unfortunately, there are many forms that nursing home neglect can take. All of them are detrimental to your loved one's mental and physical health. Neglect in a nursing home may include:
- Food poisoning
- Medication errors
- Bed sores
- Wrongful death
Watch for Warning Signs of Neglect
You are the best defense against nursing home abuse and neglect. When you visit your loved one, watch for the signs of abuse or neglect:
- Do the staff members respect the patients?
- Is the atmosphere of the nursing home clean and sanitary?
- Does your loved one get his or her medications on time?
- Does he or she receive the right medications?
- Does your loved one act frightened?
- Are there unexplained bruises, cuts, broken bones on your loved one?
- Does the staff check in adequately on your loved one?
- Does the staff seem knowledgeable about your loved one's needs and habits?
Contact our Experienced Nursing Home Negligence Attorneys
Is your loved one suffering at the hands of his or her caregivers? Don't let the neglect continue. We can help. Please contact Buckley & Associates for your free consultation. Our experienced nursing home neglect lawyers represent clients throughout the Seattle and Tacoma areas and the state of Washington.