Each year thousands of people are injured in boating accidents. If you are one of them in the Seattle and Tacoma area, call the experienced boat accident attorneys at Buckley & Associates to resolve your case quickly and efficiently. Our multilingual staff members are available at (206) 622-1100 today.
Boating accidents can occur in a variety of situations, ranging from ocean-going commercial vessels to cruise line vessels to small pleasure craft on our navigable waterways. Incidents can include:
- Boats colliding with other boats
- Boats crashing into buoys or other fixed or floating structures
- Boats crashing into land
- Engine failure on the boat
- Boat fires
- Hull failures
It can be difficult to know what to do if you are in a boating accident. The most important things to remember are to remain calm and call for medical attention. Contact the state agency file a report of the accident if necessary.
When talking about car accidents, we often talk about the "Rules of the Road." If you're an avid boater, you know that there are rules of the waterways too. The Coast Guard and various state agencies outline the rules for safe boating. When you are out on the water be sure to observe these guidelines to make sure you make it back to shore safely:
- Maintain a safe speed
- Always be aware of other water traffic and operate in a reasonable manner in relation to that traffic
- Ensure that you have installed and maintain the proper sound and light signals on your vessel
- Never operate a vessel while you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol
- If you see others in trouble, try to help if it will not endanger your boat or your passengers.
Are you suffering serious injuries because of a boating accident? Our attorneys will work to protect your legal rights, investigate your case thoroughly, and resolve your case to get the compensation you need for recovery.
Please contact Buckley & Associates for your free consultation. We welcome clients throughout the Seattle and Tacoma areas of Washington.